Gruha Jyothi Scheme
The Gruha Jyothi scheme was launched by the Karnataka government on August 5, 2023, in Kalaburagi city.It was one of the five poll guarantee schemes promised by the Congress party during the 2023 Karnataka Assembly elections. The scheme provides up to 200 units of free electricity to 2.14 crore eligible consumers in the state.
The launch of the scheme was attended by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah, Congress national President Mallikarjun Kharge, and other Congress leaders. Siddaramaiah symbolically handed over “zero bills” to 10 beneficiaries to mark the launch of the scheme.
In his speech at the launch event, Siddaramaiah challenged the BJP to implement free schemes in BJP-ruled states.He also accused the BJP of spreading rumors about the financial viability of the Gruha Jyothi scheme.
|Gruha Jyothi Scheme
|CM of Karnataka state
|Benefit of this scheme
|Free electricity of 200 units
|mode of registration
|Eligibility of Gruhajyothi
|Only residents of Karnataka state
|Gruha Jyothi website link
|gruhajyothi seva sindhu link
|Gruha jyothi Official website
|Gruha jyothi status check link
|18 June 2023
|5 July 2023
|Gruha jyothi portal
|Seva Sindhu Portal gruha jyothi
Gruha Jyothi Application Status
Gruha Jyothi Scheme Karnataka
The Gruha Jyothi Scheme is a welfare scheme launched by the Government of Karnataka in August 2022.The scheme provides free electricity to households up to 200 units per month.All domestic electricity consumers in Karnataka are eligible for the scheme, irrespective of their income or social status.
Benefits of Gruha Jyothi Scheme
1. Save money on electricity bills
• The Gruha Jyothi Scheme provides free electricity up to 200 units per month to households in Karnataka.This can save households a significant amount of money on their electricity bills, especially for low- and middle-income households.
2. Improve quality of life
• Gruha jyothi scheme can change the quality of life for people in Karnataka by providing free electricity.They can use electrical devices like Fans,light,refrigerators,TV etc.
3. Help to Reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
• The Gruha Jyothi Scheme is also helping to reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions. This is because people are now more likely to use energy-efficient appliances and devices, since they do not have to pay for the electricity they use up to 200 units. This is good for the environment and it can also help to reduce the state’s reliance on fossil fuels.
4. Boost Karnataka state economy
• After providing free electricity the people will spend that money on goods and services.
Eligibility criteria of Gruha Jyothi yojana
Before you apply Gruha Jyothi Scheme read eligibility criteria of this Scheme.
• Permanent resident: The applicant must have been living in Karnataka for at least one year.
• Residential/domestic connection: The connection must be for a residential property, not for a commercial or industrial property.
• Consumption of less than 200 units per month: The average consumption of the applicant’s electricity connection for the previous 12 months must be less than 200 units per month.
The Gruhajyothi scheme is open to all residential consumers, regardless of income or caste.However, only one member of a household is eligible for the scheme.If multiple members of a household apply for the scheme, the application will be rejected.
If an applicant meets all of the eligibility criteria, they will be eligible to receive free electricity for the first 200 units of their monthly consumption.Any consumption above 200 units will be charged at the standard rate.
How to apply Gruha Jyothi Yojana Karnataka
1.Visit the Seva Sindhu website (https://www.sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/)
2.Click on the “Login” button and enter your credentials.if you have not registered then click on register button.
3.Once you are logged in, click on the “My Services” tab and select the “Gruha Jyothi Scheme” option.
4.Click on the “Apply Online” button.
5.Enter the required details in the application form, such as your Aadhaar number, electricity connection number, and contact information.
6.Upload the required documents, such as your Aadhaar card and electricity bill.
7.Now Recheck your application then click on submit.
You will receive an acknowledgment message once your application has been submitted successfully.
If you are unable to apply online, you can visit any Grama One, Karnataka One, or Bangalore One center to apply offline.
Link to apply Gruha Jyothi
Documents required for Gruha Jyothi Yojana Karnataka
The following documents are required to apply for the Gruha Jyothi scheme in Karnataka:
• Aadhaar card
• Electricity bill
• Tenancy document (if applicable)
The Aadhaar card must be linked to the electricity consumer ID/account ID.If you are a tenant, you must also provide a rental agreement or other proof of residence.
You can submit the required documents online or at any Grama One, Karnataka One, or Bangalore One center.
Once your application has been approved, you will start receiving free electricity for the first 200 units of your monthly consumption.Any consumption above 200 units will be charged at the standard rate.
How to cancel Gruha Jyothi Application
As of November 6, 2023, there is no way to cancel a Gruha Jyothi application online.You must visit a BESCOM office to cancel your application.
To cancel your application, you will need to bring the following documents:
• Your Aadhaar card
• Your electricity bill
• A copy of your application form
Once you have arrived at the BESCOM office, you will need to speak to a customer service representative.
Q1. What is Gruha Jyothi yojana?
A. Gruha Jyothi is a government scheme that provides electricity to rural areas in India. It was launched in 2004 with the aim of providing affordable and reliable electricity to all rural households.
Q2. Who is eligible for Gruha Jyothi?
A. All rural households in India are eligible for Gruha Jyothi. There is no income limit or other criteria for eligibility.
Q3. How do I apply for Gruha Jyothi?
A. You can apply for Gruha Jyothi through the website of your state’s electricity board. You will need to provide your personal details, address, and electricity meter number.
Q4. How much does Gruha Jyothi cost?
A. The cost of Gruha Jyothi varies from state to state.However, it is generally very affordable.For example, in Karnataka, the cost of a Gruha Jyothi connection is Rs. 2,000.
Q5. What are the benefits of Gruha Jyothi?
A. The main benefit of Gruhajyothi scheme is that the people will use free electricity on Light,refrigerator,cooking etc.
gruha jyothi,gruhajyothi,gruha jyothi scheme,gruha jyothi apply online,gruha jyothi login,gruha jyothi website,gruha jyothi registration,gruha jyothi scheme 2023 application link,gruha jyothi application status,gruha jyothi application status check,Seva Sindhu Gruha Jyothi application online